Reporter Amir Efrati hosted a Live Video Summit on October 29th about self-driving vehicle development and advanced driver-assistance systems in the upcoming year. Our CEO, Shauna McIntyre, was among the featured panelists.
- The advantages and challenges of autonomous vehicle R&D outside of United States
- Timelines for fully automated long-haul trucks versus passenger cars
- Consolidation of talent and software among bigger players in the field
- Which developers outside the U.S. have the deepest pockets
- Why alliances and partnerships have been shifting
- The latest on developments with simulation/virtual testing and machine learning (supervised vs unsupervised).
About the Speakers
Artem Fokin is the Head of Business Development at Yandex SDG. Prior to joining Yandex in 2015, Artem managed Russian office of German digital advertising platform Sociomantic, and has worked as various sales and business development roles at Intel Corporation for 10+ years before that.
Shauna McIntyre is the CEO of Sense Photonics. Prior to that, she served as the Automotive Services & Automotive Maps Program Lead at Google, and before that the Chief of Staff for Google Hardware.
David Liu is the Founder & CEO of Plus (formerly Plus.ai). Prior to that, he served as Founder & CEO of RedAtoms, and before that the Founder & CTO of RMG Networks
Amir Efrati helped launch The Information in 2013. His reporting on Uber’s corporate practices and on the dangers and limits of self-driving vehicle development won consecutive Best in Business awards from the Society for Advancing Business Editing and Writing (SABEW) in 2017, 2018, and 2019, respectively. Before The Information, he spent nine years at the Wall Street Journal.
Fields marked with an * are required